Kerberos training

Dax Kelson dkelson at gurulabs.com
Wed Mar 17 11:59:56 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 15:01 +0100, Bjoern Tore Sund wrote:
> Does anyone know of anyone doing Kerberos (MIT/Heimdal) training for
> sysadmins in Northern Europe?  Something along the lines of:
> - Technical details, how the technology works
> - Practical implementation on:
>    - Linux servers and clients
>    - Solaris servers
>    - Interaction with Windows/AD
>
> Regards,
>
> -BT

Hi Bjørn,

My company, Guru Labs, offers the 5 day GL550 - Enterprise Linux
Security Administration course. It has a very heavy coverage of Kerberos
along with general hardening of commonly used sub-systems and auditing.

The Kerberos coverage first goes in depth on the architecture, and
theory of operation and then delves into implementation. Each student
brings up a master, slave, and client, using best practices, and then
throughout the week proceeds to Kerberize various services including
SSH, NFS, Apache, PostgreSQL, Sendmail/Postfix, Cyrus-imapd among
others. The class time is divided into lecture and performing in-depth
lab exercises.

We have a MIT and Heimdal versions of the course. The Heimdal version of
the class runs on SLES10, and the MIT version runs on RHEL5/SLES11.

We have delivered the course onsite around the world. We deliver the
course at our Utah HQ, and we also offer the class online.

You can can get more details here:

http://www.gurulabs.com/linux-training/courses/GL550/

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs