KRB5KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED: MIT Kerberos 1.8.1 & arcfour-hmac-md5 session key

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 3 11:59:41 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 00:06 -0400, Richard Silverman wrote:
> Thanks for looking at it.  I don't know that 1.7 is OK, though;
> the latest release I know does *not* have the problem, is 1.6.3.

I was also able to get a trunk gss-client to authenticate to a 1.6
gss-server with a 1.6 KDC, with only RC4 keys in use.  (I also tested
successfully with sserver and sclient, in case GSSAPI was masking the
issue somehow.)