OpenSSH GSSAPI gives "Cannot find ticket for requested realm"

Peter Waller peter.waller at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:44:46 EDT 2010

This setup used to work until I recently upgraded my Ubuntu
installation from 9.10 to 10.04.

I don't understand what has changed, or what could give the following
error. I am using the same /etc/krb5.conf.

debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more
information
Cannot find ticket for requested realm

The package versions are:

Karmic 9.10: OpenSSH 5.1p1-6ubuntu2, libgssapi-krb5-2
1.7dfsg~beta3-1ubuntu0.6
Lucid 10.04:  OpenSSH 5.3p1-3ubuntu3, libgssapi-krb5-2 1.8.1+dfsg-2

Any help or hints for debugging would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

- Peter