krb5_cc_default_name() crash with Kerberos For Windows

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Tue Jun 1 09:18:48 EDT 2010

On 5/29/2010 12:15 PM, Thomas Calderon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to report a strange behavior from Kerberos For Windows. I am
> having a hard time reproducing the bug because I think it is caused by the
> renewing process when the TGT expires. For instance, if a kerberized
> web-page stays open for a long time without using the computer, a pop-up
> would be displayed showing "krb5_cc_default_name() failed". After searching
> on the bug track I found that it might be linked to a previously reported
> bug (
> http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?user=guest&pass=guest&id=5980).
>
> However, I guess that the current KfW (3.2.2) does not include the bug fix.
> Would it be possible to release a version of KfW with recent kerberos core ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas Calderon

Secure Endpoints provides its support clients versions of KFW that
include this fix along with all of the
security advisories and several other improvements for compatibility
with Vista, 2008 and Windows 7.
We are not permitted to distribute these binaries to the general public
as MIT is supposed to be the sole
source for their binary releases.

Feel free to contact me for additional information.

Jeffrey Altman