SpywareTerminator is flagging MIT kerberos as Malware

Jason Edgecombe jason at rampaginggeek.com
Wed Jul 14 08:46:52 EDT 2010

*Has anyone else seen this?*

*Thanks,*

*Jason
*

*From:* Andrew Stein [mailto:andrew1stein at gmail.com]
*Sent:* Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:07 AM
*To:* Stein, Jack; Edgecombe, Jason
*Subject:* MIT Kerberos -- spyware? No way

http://www.spywareterminator.com/item/5472/details.html

I scanned my computer for spyware and it is saying that the MIT Kerberos
install I have on my machine (from the UNCC website) is the
"CrystalysMedia" spyware.

It has to be a false positive, but look at the description for this
spyware --

*Adware Software that is displaying pop-up/pop-under windows containing
advertisements when the primary user interface is not visible or
displayed advertisements are not related to the product. *