Configuring Alfresco ECM to authenticate to a MIT Kerberos

Davide Cerbo davide.cerbo at exmachina.ch
Mon Jul 5 13:31:44 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure Alfresco to authenticate to a MIT Kerberos
Server, but unfortunately all documentation regards Active Directory
:(

This is the page on Alfresco Wiki that describe how configure Kerberos:
http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Alfresco_Authentication_Subsystems#Kerberos

Active Directory command:
ktpass -princ cifs/<cifs-server-name>.<domain>@<realm> -pass
<password> -mapuser <domainnetbios>\alfrescocifs -crypto RC4-HMAC-NT
-ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL -out c:\temp\alfrescocifs.keytab
setspn -a cifs/<cifs-server-name> alfrescocifs
setspn -a cifs/<cifs-server-name>.<domain> alfrescocifs

Our MIT Kerberos translation:
addprinc -e "rc4-hmac:normal" cifs/host.domain at REALM
ktadd -k alfrescocifs.keytab cifs/host.domain at REALM
addprinc alfrescocifs

When I try to login using CIFS I receive following exception:

GSSException: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level (Mechanism level:
Incorrect checksum)

More information about can be found on my other post on Alfresco Forum:
http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27838

If someone wants to know other information or what I tried please contact us.
thanks in advance,
Davide