LDAP/Kerberos client config

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Mon Jan 25 11:48:56 EST 2010

Hi all,

Now that I'm satisfied with my OpenLDAP/Kerberos server configuration,
I'm attempting to devise a suitable (Debian lenny) client setup for it.

Although I hear that it may not be the best approach, I'm currently
pursuing a client configuration that includes kstart, libnss-ldap, nscd
and libpam-ldap. At the moment I'm happy with all of it except libnss-
ldap.

Kstart has no problem obtaining an initial Kerberos ticket, but I can't
get libnss-ldap to use it to access the DIT. So far my libnss-ldap.conf
looks like:

   base dc=example,dc=com
   uri ldap://ldapks1.example.com/
   ldap_version 3