find inactive accounts

Steve Glasser sgla9347 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:16:03 EST 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for your thoughtful replies and suggestions.

It appears that we can use the REQUIRES_PRE_AUTH attribute without
also recompiling Kerberos with "--with-kdc-kdb-update".  This changes
logging of user login attempts; when first attempting login there is a
log entry which includes "Additional pre-authentication required"
* Successful user login creates an additional "AS_REQ" log entry.
* Failed user login creates an additional log entry which includes
"PREAUTH_FAILED".

This solves part of our problem.  Now we can tell the difference
between successful and failed logins.

I have only tested this in a very small dev environment.  Please let
me know if I have missed something.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Ken Raeburn <raeburn at mit.edu> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2010, at 09:15, John Hascall wrote:
>>   Ah yes, I'd forgotten that.
>>   so:
>>       1a) I would use an incremental propagation technique.

Thanks,

--
Steve Glasser
sgla9347 at gmail.com