Cannot run rlogind, telnetd

vinay kumar winay.l at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 07:49:33 EST 2010

Hi,

           I want to capture AP_REQ and AP_REP, for that i want to run
telnetd, rlogind daemons on my application server. When i run rlogind i will
get the following error:

     * rlogind: Can't get peer name of remote host: Socket operation on
non-socket
*
when i run rsh i get* host unknown *error

My krb5.conf is as follows:

[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 ticket_lifetime = 24000
 default_realm = GLOBAL.COM
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false
 preferred_preauth_types = 16

[realms]
 GLOBAL.COM = {
  kdc = 172.16.10.211
  admin_server = 172.16.10.211
  default_domain = global.com
 }

[domain_realm]
 .globaledgesoft.com = GLOBAL.COM
 globaledgesoft.com = GLOBAL.COM

[kdc]
 profile = /etc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
   debug = false
   ticket_lifetime = 36000
   renew_lifetime = 36000
   forwardable = true
   krb4_convert = false
 }

My kdc.conf is as follows
[kdcdefaults]
        kdc_ports = 750,88

[realms]
        GLOBAL.COM = {
                database_name = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/principal
                admin_keytab = FILE:/usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
                acl_file = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl
                key_stash_file = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/.k5.GLOBAL.COM
                kdc_ports = 750,88
                max_life = 10h 0m 0s
                max_renewable_life = 7d 0h 0m 0s
        }