Kerberos with OpenVPN

John Jasen jjasen at realityfailure.org
Tue Jan 12 16:59:40 EST 2010

Prasad (普拉萨德) wrote:
> I don't know whether this is post should be here or not. But I am not
> getting the documentation about setting up the Kerberos with OpenVPN.
>
> I want to setup the OpenVPN with Kerberos 5. Is there is any documentation
> which help me to setup the OpenVPN with Kerberos 5 as a
> authentication mechanism.

Unless I'm mistaken, openvpn doesn't support kerberos directly.

I abused PAM by adding:

<snip>
plugin /usr/lib/openvpn/openvpn-auth-pam.so "sshd login USERNAME
password PASSWORD"
</snip>

into /etc/openvpn/server.conf

And configuring PAM to use kerberos, of course.

--
-- John E. Jasen (jjasen at realityfailure.org)
-- "Deserve Victory." -- Terry Goodkind, Naked Empire