Kerberos multi domain

BOUCHER, Flavien flavien.a.boucher at sogeti.com
Fri Jan 1 07:19:21 EST 2010

Hi,

I need to setup kerberos for six distinct domain, there is no trust relationship between each domain.
When I setup one domain by one, it's working.

After testing each domain one by one, I merge the keytab file, and change the krb5.conf file:

            [libdefaults]
                 default_realm = MSDEMO
                 default_keytab_name = FILE:C:\Kerberos\lcserver01.keytab
                 default_tkt_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-md5
                 default_tgs_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-md5
                 forwardable  = true
                 renewable  = true
                 noaddresses = true
                 clockskew  = 300
            [realms]
                 MSDEMO = {
                      kdc = dc.msdemo.local:88
                      default_domain = dc.msdemo.local
                 }

                 MSDEMO2 = {
                      kdc = dc2.msdemo2.local:88
                      default_domain = msdemo2.local
                 }
            [domain_realm]
                 .msdemo.local = MSDEMO
                 .msdemo2.local = MSDEMO2

When I merge the keytab of this two domains and change the krb5.conf, just the authentication for MSDEMO is working.
When I change the krb5.conf, and enter default_realm = MSDEMO2, the authentication is working for MSDEMO2.

It's possible to make the authentication works for the both domain in the same time ?

Regards.

Flavien.