krb5kdc: Invalid message type - while dispatching (udp)

Kevin Longfellow klongfel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 10:02:49 EST 2010

Hi,

We are testing using a F5 BigIP load balancer for the kdc's.  Setting the F5 for port 88 UDP works but the F5 probe produces the below kdc issue in the log file.  The response from F5 is to "paste a proper Kerberos UDP payload into the health monitor".  I think if F5 knew what that was they would tell us.  Anyone know what should be put in send string under properties for the UDP probe?

[root at dadvig0065 log]# tail krb5kdc.log
krb5kdc: Invalid message type - while dispatching (udp)
krb5kdc: Invalid message type - while dispatching (udp)
krb5kdc: Invalid message type - while dispatching (udp)
krb5kdc: Invalid message type - while dispatching (udp)
krb5kdc: Invalid message type - while dispatching (udp)

Thanks,
Kevin