"Missing parameters in krb5.conf" for kadmin

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 30 16:58:09 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 05:55 -0500, Brian Candler wrote:
> Is this behaviour intentional? Unless I've missed something, it means I
> can't run kadmin anywhere that hasn't had krb5.conf explicitly configured
> with the realm.

It's a bug.  The -s flag is used to determine which service to connect
to, but not to determine which tickets to get.  It turns out we already
have a bug in our database for this:

http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=5890&user=guest&pass=guest

It's not completely trivial to fix, but I'll make a note and try to get
to it.