ssh to IP literal

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.no-spam-here.tomsk.su
Sun Dec 19 11:25:30 EST 2010

Russ Allbery wrote:

[dd]

> If you add an explicit domain_realm mapping for each IP address to the
> [domain_realm] section of your krb5.conf file, it will probably work, but
> it's generally a much better idea to use real host names (possibly in some
> private domain ending in .local or some similar marker).

I see. Do I need a real DNS or perhaps /etc/hosts will do? I share
/etc/hosts as a NIS map.

And another question. If a Kerberos-enabled server has several
principals in its keytab, how exactly does it decide which one to
use?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/