kdb5_ldap_util source

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 20 13:14:18 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 11:39 -0400, Bram Cymet wrote:
> I am fairly sure that I am getting the error because I compiled kerberos
> from source and installed the utils from the SLES Repos which had an
> older version of kerberos.

Actually, it looks like you're using a kdb5_ldap_util which was built
from source, but it's trying to link at runtime to the system libraries
which are older.

Normally, that shouldn't happen because your kdb5_ldap_util should have
an rpath pointing to the libraries, but there are certainly cases where
that mechanism can fail, such as when you move the installed binaries
from one place to another.

Anyway, kdb5_ldap_util is part of the regular Kerberos source tree; its
sources are in src/plugins/kdb/ldap/ldap_util.