Microsoft Active Directory / PKINIT

Tim Alsop Tim at cybersafe.com
Thu Aug 12 07:26:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

Does anybody know if/when Microsoft Active Directory will support PKINIT (RFC 4556). I understand that all versions of MS AD supports draft-9 of PKINIT, but not sure if the RFC is implemented/supported ?

Also, I am interested to know about interoperability between the draft-9 implementation and the RFC 4556 implementation. For example, does the PKINIT included in the MIT code, which is RFC compliant interoperate with MS AD (draft-9) ?

Any info you have on this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim