Upgrades and krb4 logging

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Thu Aug 12 14:19:20 EDT 2010

Folks,

I'm in progress of upgrading our kerberos infrastructure from 1.2 to 1.6
on RHEL 5.  We still have hosts using krb4 only.  I've been tracking
them and planning how to remove krb4 completely.

In my kdc logs from version 1.2 its been easy to look for "PROCESS_V4"
to find out what machines are sending krb4 requests.  However, on the
1.6 kerberos slaves krb4 authentication appears to work but I cannot
tell the difference between a krb5 request and a krb4 request in the
logs.

How can I continue to track my krb4 hosts from my KDCs?

Jack Neely
--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>
Linux Czar, OIT Campus Linux Services