Kerberos Library are supported on 64 bit windows or not.

Julien Montmartin jmontmartin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 04:28:30 EDT 2010

2010/4/5 Prashant Gupta <prashant1803 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> We are working on windows 64 bit project and we are planning to use 64bit
> MIT kerberos library for kerberos authentication. I would like to know
> whether MIT keroeros library are supported on 64 bit windows or not.

You might want to check kfw-3.2.3 :
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/testing.html#kfw-3.2.3
There are some issues though :
- Last time I checked, it lacked the pdb files needed for debugging (I
had to debug in 32 bit mode with kfw-3.2.2).
- Although it works well for me, It's been an alpha release for a few month now.

The second point is a source of concern : I wonder about the liveness
of the kerberos for
windows port. Windows has been 64 bits for a few years by now, I'm not
sure we can consider
Kerberos to be cross platform (through gss-api) any longer.

Julien