Replay I/O operation failed XXX message

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 16 14:23:53 EDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 02:34, suma wrote:
> I am running several Kerberos authentications in a multithreaded
> application.  The application abruptly stopped with the message
> "Replay I/O operation failed XXX"
>
> When would the GSSAPI throw this error. Did the I/O not go through...

It should probably say "Replay cache I/O operation failed", and give
some more detail.  Unfortunately, there are several places where some
kind of failing operation on the replay cache gets mapped into this
one internal error code.  My first guess would be that a replay cache
might have been left around under a different uid; it's expected that
all services sharing a given principal will operate under the same
uid, since they all need access to the same service principal key.

Ken