Server not found in Kerberos database

Chris lists at deksai.com
Fri Oct 30 09:56:06 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:20:22AM -0700, jim_bob wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to get ssh single sign on working with kerberos but
> it keeps failing with "server not found in Kerberos database" the

Tail the logs on the kerberos server when you try to log in, and see what ssh
is really asking for.  A lot of clients think they know what you really meant
to ask for, and use whatever they get back from reverse DNS as the host name.
If reverse DNS doesn't match what you tried to ssh into, it will fail.

Chris