SEGV in krb5_free_cred_contents

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 22 10:00:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 19:20 -0400, Markus Moeller wrote:
> I have an application which creates a cache, stores a ticket and then
> destroys the cache, but sometimes I get a SEGV. This is on OpenSolaris (but
> I think the code is the same as the MIT code).
[...]
> Do I need to check if the cache has credentials before a destroy the cache
> ?

>From reading the OpenSolaris and MIT krb5 code for memory ccaches, every
entry in the ccache is supposed to have valid credentials; there is no
operation which should put the credentials list into a state where one
of the entries has ->creds == NULL.

Because of optimization, it's hard to tell from your stack trace whether
the credentials linked list structure has NULL credentials somehow, or
if it's an invalid pointer.  Either way, the next question would be what
operation caused the credentials structure to get into the invalid
state.