Assertion failed for krb5kdc

eightball sthgrau at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:19:28 EDT 2009

On Oct 16, 12:28 am, Ken Raeburn <raeb... at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Yes... on Solaris it ought to be using the code paths that call
> krb5int_pthread_loaded in the support library.  Among other things,
> that function may call pthread_once a couple of times, and the
> function passed (loaded_test_aux) will adjust a global variable
> (flag_pthread_loaded) to indicate whether it actually got invoked.
>
> So, some more things might help track down what's going on:
>   - set a breakpoint in krb5int_pthread_loaded, to verify that it's
> getting called
>   - set a breakpoint in loaded_test_aux, to see whether it's getting
> called
>   - examine flag_pthread_loaded after the process aborts, to see how
> it's set

I am not familiar with gdb. If I did it incorrectly, some help would
be appreciated:

[root at localhost]/local/BuildArea/krb5/krb5-1.7/src#gdb kdc/krb5kdc
GNU gdb 5.3
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.8"...
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x2033c: file main.c, line 838.
(gdb) run -n
Starting program: /local/BuildArea/krb5/krb5-1.7/src/kdc/krb5kdc -n

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=2, argv=0xffbef934) at main.c:838
838         if (strrchr(argv[0], '/'))
(gdb) break krb5int_pthread_loaded
Breakpoint 2 at 0xff182024: file threads.c, line 135.
(gdb) break loaded_test_aux
Breakpoint 3 at 0xff181fe0: file threads.c, line 126.
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
Assertion failed: k5int_i->did_run != 0, file krb5_libinit.c, line 63

0xfef9fe08 in _libc_kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
(gdb) print flag_pthread_loaded
$1 = -1