create principals fails

"kai plückhahn" derplueck at gmx.de
Tue Nov 24 05:20:58 EST 2009

Yes, of course.
But i think, i have to offer you some further information.

the kerberos authentication works befor i wanted openldap as back-end. then i wanted to switch to openldap-backend without setting up a clear system...
the subtree is ok. <-- in the DIT.
the conf-files are ok. i hope so!
slapd.conf modified for kerberos. i think this is not the problem, too.
stashpw generated. <-- file is there with both pws.

-no service is started-

Now i want to create with the command
kadmin.local
a root-user.
But it fails with
Authenticating as principal root/admin at LOCAL with password.
kadmin.local: Server error while initializing kadmin.local interface
when i now switch the krb5.conf to the old one i can start kadmin.local and i can start the services. but when i try now to start kadmin interface is there no root(admin)-user in the dit with which i can authenticate.
i don´t know, what the problem could be...:(

-------- Original-Nachricht --------