can I wrap ordinary tcp service to use kerberos (including server and the client)?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Sun May 31 01:51:43 EDT 2009

Hello. This is indeed a stupid question not obviously search-able from
Google.

I run unison services (a file synchronize protocol) and want to include
it in the existing kerberos realm. I heard I can configure the service
in /etc/inetd.conf and configure host.allow to use a wrapper for
kerberos (I got this information from a 12-years old post titled "tcp
wrappers and kerberos" on this group). If that is possible, how can I
wrap a kerberos-unaware client to access this service? Is there a guide
or document for this?

Best regards