Issues starting kadmin on suse linux

Tadoori (EXT), Vilas vilas.tadoori.ext at siemens.com
Fri May 22 10:29:13 EDT 2009

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply.

The O/S that I am using is a suse linux 64 bit version.

That one that it is working fine is a suse linux 32 bit o/s   and both of them are diff machines.

When I have executed the command on the 64 bit o/s it gave the output as attached.
$ strace /usr/local/sbin/kadmind 2>&1 | egrep 'stat|open' | less

I have also done the output on the working machine which is a 32 bit and the output is also similar and there were quite a few so files that are missing and are identical to that in the 64 bit.

I am not understanding how is it working in the 32 bit and not in the 64 bit. Is there anything that is not compatible with the 64 bit suselinux.

My krb5.conf file is on /etc and it contains the correct entries.

Am I missing anything in my investigation to solve the issue...please help.

Thanks
Vilas