Kerberos linking on AIX 6.1

miguel.sanders@arcelormittal.com miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com
Fri May 15 07:11:56 EDT 2009

Moreover, since you're on AIX, adding -lsomelib as a XLC argument expects to find an archive libsomelib.a and not an object file.
So you will have to archive the shared libraries with ar.

F.e.
The built created the shared library gssapi_krb5.so (which is in AIX a bad name for a shared library, all libraries (static/shared) should end with .o)
Archive it:
# ar -v -q gssapi_krb5.a gssapi_krb5.so

Met vriendelijke groet
Best regards
Bien à vous

Miguel SANDERS
ArcelorMittal Gent

UNIX Systems & Storage
IT Supply Western Europe | John Kennedylaan 51
B-9042 Gent

T +32 9 347 3538 | F +32 9 347 4901 | M +32478 805 023
E miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com
www.arcelormittal.com/gent