Active Directory Kerberos Server and Windows MIT Tools Client

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Mon May 11 07:15:52 EDT 2009

IIS and other Windows SSPI based applications will only use credentials
that are obtained via the Microsoft logon screen.
You cannot use MIT KfW to obtain a TGT for those applications.   In
other words, you must log onto the machine with the domain account and
not a local account if you wish to use IE.

Your other option is to start IE using "RunAs <domainAcct>" and issue
your username/password for the domain account each time you start IE.

Jeffrey Altman