Sudo w/Ticket Support

petesea@bigfoot.com petesea at bigfoot.com
Thu May 7 17:15:11 EDT 2009

On Thu, 7 May 2009, miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com wrote:

> Afaik that's not available yet (however, you could integrate it yourself).

bummer.

> But if you already obtained a TGT, why bother authenticating again?

Because sudo prompts me.   That's what I'm trying to avoid.  I'd like sudo
to look at my ticket cache, see that I already have a valid TGT and give
me access without being prompted for a password.

>> But not use just use NOPASSWD.
> Last sentence should have been : "Why not use NOPASSWD?"

Main reason for not setting NOPASSWD is because I don't have control over
the sudoers file on most of the systems I have access to.  And the SA's
are very reluctant to use "NOPASSWD".

I believe they just want that extra layer of protection in case a
workstation is left unattended.

I do see what you mean though.  From a security standpoint, if sudo was
capable of using an existing TGT, that doesn't seem like it would be too
much different then using NOPASSWD in the sudoers file.