Storing MIT-Kerberos authentication data in an LDAP backend

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Tue May 5 08:52:20 EDT 2009

On 2009-05-04, bjacobson at us.ibm.com <mr.zeus1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Kerberos LDAP backend (commonly referred to as KDB LDAP plugin) is
> a relatively new feature, introduced in MIT-Kerberos 1.6, available in
> RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.2 and Novell Suse Linux Enterprise Server
> 11.

It's not really available in RHEL5.2 (or 5.3-latest either).. The v1.6
MIT-Kerberos is there, but the ldap plugin isn't provided, so one will
have to rebuild the packages to get it (and probably every time Red Hat
decides to upgrade the krb5 packages).

But, Klaus's BluePrint looks great! I hope to use it to set up the same
against Red Hat's own directory server instead of ITDS.

  -jf