krb5-1.6.3 strange compile output on solaris 10 (x86)

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Sat May 2 00:18:41 EDT 2009

On May 1, 2009, at 19:14, Troy wrote:
> I'm attempting, for the first time, to compile krb5-1.6.3 on an x86
> solaris
> 10 host. This is what I see as the output:
>
> $ sh configure
> Killed
> Killed
> Killed
> Killed
>
> That doesn't look good me.

No... usually I've only seen "Killed" if the OS is hurting in some way
-- insufficient memory, or disk errors in swap space, stuff like
that.  Or there's some sort of "gunner" process running hunting down
processes to kill for some reason.  I don't think there's anything
particularly odd in the tests run by the configure script.  You might
check the system log(s) to see if anything interesting is being
reported.  If that doesn't tell you anything, you could try "sh -x
configure" to see what programs are running that are being killed off.

We've done builds around MIT on Solaris 9 and 10 (on SPARC) for a long
time now, and AFAIK haven't encountered this.

--
Ken Raeburn / raeburn at mit.edu / no longer at MIT Kerberos Consortium