OpenLDAP with Kerberos

zhaoyang mao zhaoyang.mao at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:53:05 EDT 2009

Hi:

recently I tried to configure kerberos under openldap. But it seems a lot of
trouble for me. I don't know how to configure it correctly.
i just want to add some users from openldap using kerberos authentication
method. But it always seem to fail.
*
Below is my error msg:

LDAP Connection Timeout = 5000 mili-secs
 LDAP Operation Timeout = 15 secs
 Directed to LINUX_OPENLDAP_DIRECTORY
m_strBasedn:dc=example,dc=com
m_strDomain:example.com
 Direct to Advanced Authentication mode
 Root DSE was found
Kerberos initAuthentication : krb5PrincipalName = ldapadmin at EXAMPLE.COM
ldap_sasl_bind_s: Unknown error
connect() : ldap_sasl_bind_s: Unknown error
 Error: LDAP module failed to initialize authenticaiton, please check users'
password and credential
 Error: MIT Kerberos5: connect() : ldap_sasl_bind_s: Unknown error

*
ps:My ldap server and kdc server are in the same machine. *
*

--
Best Regards

maozhaoyang