Finding the version of kinit/klist

Rainer Laatsch Laatsch at uni-koeln.de
Sat Mar 7 21:49:15 EST 2009

The OpenAFS people force a string into their programs at compile time, no
extra flags. Doing e.g. 'strings /usr/vice/etc/afsd | grep OpenAFS' shows
the version. A similar setup for krb5 would suffice; just propagate the
corresponding item of krb5-config into kinit/klist/kdestroy.
In an AFS environment using ssh, almost no other krb5 programs are needed.

Best regards
Rainer Laatsch