Kerberos in Browser based Applications

Thomas Hardjono hardjono at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 4 12:00:29 EST 2009

Frank,

Getting Kerberos to support single-sign-on on the Web (Web-SSO) has a number
of challenges.  I'm not sure if the browsers today fully support the
trafficking of Kerberos tickets/tokens. The closest seems to be
HPPT-Negotiate, but I believe it also need more work. There are a set of
drafts in the IETF that are trying to address some of these issues. Then
there is the question of how to get all this working with the Identity
Federation infrastructures.

ps. Kerb-on-the-web is one of the initiatives at the MIT-KC.
http://kerberos.org/software/kerbweb.pdf

cheers,

/thomas/