Authentication Windows client against Kerberos MIT and authorizing against OpenLDAP.

Olaf Flebbe o.flebbe at science-computing.de
Wed Jun 24 02:30:25 EDT 2009

Hi,

> There is also a Windows SSP that allowed you to do what you want, and
> a couple of things you maybe are only thinking on, as create
> authorized accounts on the fly. I'm not aware of improvements (again
> since two years), but I did the work more or less nicely (needed to
> patch to not remove local accounts if something fails). It is at
> http://sc-ap.sourceforge.net/

I did the sc-ap thingy. It is "only" a wrapper around the kerberos SSP,
creating accounts on the fly before kerberos is doing its work.

I would be happy to proceed, if anyone has an idea to improve sc-ap.
Please send me patches, I would be happy to include.

There is one thing I did not publish until now: I have a patch to
extract most of the cleartext password (at least with XP) with sc-ap,
since Microsoft only did an easy "encrypting".

On the positive side: The knowledge of the algorithm to reconstruct
cleartext password would be a huge step in the direction to write MS
independant SSP's.

 > I cannot tell you if any of these allow any kind of roaming profile,
 > in case you need it.

If I remember correctly Roaming profiles are quite difficult, since the
corresponding client technology is quite undocumented, AFAIK. If someone
has a pointer ...

Greetings,
Olaf Flebbe