kerberos+laptop

David Abrahams dave at boostpro.com
Sat Jul 18 13:21:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what's needed to make Kerberos work well on a
laptop that may run disconnected from its master KDC, and occasionally,
from everything (NIC turned off).  In particular, a Mac laptop, which is
apparently already running an LKDC
(http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20080709091503862).  I've done
all the googling, and got nothing conclusive. I mention the LKDC in part
because one of the few ideas I did find was to run a slave KDC on the
laptop, but I'm not sure whether that's even possible, given the
required presence of the LKDC.

Any help would be much appreciated, and I'd be happy to document
anything I learn in a public place so the next guy doesn't have to
pester this list about it.

Thanks in advance,

--
Dave Abrahams