Does Kerberos version 5 support i18n specifications?

suma suma.s.gururaj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 23:32:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am unable to authenticate users with non-ASCII character names.  The
error that I got for kinit was:
--------------------------------------
Exception: krb_error 6 Client not found in Kerberos database (6)
Client not found in Kerberos database
KrbException: Client not found in Kerberos database (6)

I am using kerberos login module from JAAS for authentication.  I have
no issues authenticating the users that contains ASCII.  I also
checked the RFC-4120 and looks like the names to be ASCII-specific.
Do I need a patch, to make my implementation support wide characters.

Thanks,
--Suma