Kerberos <-> Microsoft Active Directory & DNS

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 11:49:54 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Christopher D. Clausen
<cclausen at acm.org> wrote:
> Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In general, both the MIT and Heimdal clients are not optimized for a
>> Windows environment. We have an AD integration product that uses
>> Heimdal that we made a lot of changes to try to better emulate Windows
>> behavior.
>
> Please just stop trying to sell folks your product using this list.

Christopher,

No were did I link to or even name the product you speak of (nor do I
think it would apply to him) and obviously the solution cited in my
signature does not apply to him. I was simply informing him, as
someone with real experience in these matters, that AD clients exhibit
very different behavior from both MIT and Heimdal and thus he may have
to take additional care to compensate. I have mentioned my Kerberos
product on this list in the past but only when the list member
specifically asked about the unique combination of things to which it
applies.

All of the changes made to Heimdal that I cited have been posted on
the Heimdal mailing list. I have made contributions to the Kerberos
community in the form of bug fixes, support and documentation. I do
not think my behavior in this thread warranted a complaint. I
absolutely did not intend to impress my products on Morten and I was
only genuinely trying to help him.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen