FIPS certification

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Sat Feb 28 00:29:15 EST 2009

Hello List,

I am working on a project that combines a number of different open-
source libraries, all of which utilize some form of the same
cryptographic operations, most notably symmetric ciphers, hashes, and
public key cryptography.  The core of this project uses a FIPS-
certified OpenSSL codebase.

The problem with combining open-source projects is that they seem to
all come with their own implementation of crypto algorithms.

I haven't completely analyzed MIT Kerberos, but I was wondering if it
would be possible to get the MIT Kerberos subsystem to use the OpenSSL
crypto API for any cryptographic support needed for Kerberos?

I'm assuming that MIT Kerberos has not been FIPS certified.

Thanks!
Randy