WS-Security and GSS-API: How do I get the session key?

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 23 19:30:40 EST 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 19:05, Goo wrote:
>> That said, I believe the MIT 1.7 release will include an API for
>> extracting
>> a session key if there is one, but no earlier release from MIT
>> will, and I'm
>> not sure how portable that API will be to other implementations.
>
> Nice to hear that. Do you know if there's a alpha/beta version with
> the new API? Also, is there any IETF draft extending RFC 2743?

There's an alpha out, yes; see http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/krb5-1.7/krb5-1.7.html
  for details.

I don't recall offhand if there's been an IETF draft proposing the
specific extension we've got for extracting the session key.

Ken