How do I change the ticket lifetime in the default policy?

Jason Edgecombe jason at rampaginggeek.com
Tue Feb 17 12:42:22 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

We are extending the ticket lifetime for all of the users in our realm
from 1 day to 7 days. We use MIT Kerberos in our realm. I know that
"modprinc -maxlife 7day user at REALM.COM" will extend the ticket lifetime
for an existing user, but how to I make it the default for new users?

To handle our existing users, I plan to script the modprinc command for
all of our users. the users have a mix of ticket lifetimes from 1day to
7 days. Is there a more elegant way than to run modprinc on everybody?

Thanks,
Jason