Prob: failed to verify krb5 credentials: Server not found in Kerb

Paul Moore paul.moore at centrify.com
Tue Feb 3 16:39:39 EST 2009

is there an AD account with that SPN?
HTTP/wiki.test.lan:8080 at SRV.TEST.LAN

-----Original Message-----
From: kerberos-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces at mit.edu] On
Behalf Of slaindevil at kabelmail.de
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:28 AM
To: kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Prob: failed to verify krb5 credentials: Server not found in
Kerb

Hey guys,

I am short before dispairing :(

Maybe someone has time and likes to help me? :)

I am trying to set up kerberos to authenticate a
TWiki running on Unix against an Windows Server 2003 Active Directory...

I configured the krb5.conf like this:

[logging]

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = SRV.TEST.LAN
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false
 ticket_lifetime = 24000
 forwardable = yes

[realms]
 SRV.TEST.LAN = {
  kdc = location.srv.test.lan:88
  admin_server =  location.srv.test.lan:749
  default_domain = SRV.TEST.LAN
 }

[domain_realm]
 .test.lan = SRV.TEST.LAN
 test.lan = SRV.TEST.LAN

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
   debug = false
   ticket_lifetime = 24000
   renew_lifetime = 36000
   forwardable = true
   krb4_convert = false
 }

When I use "kinit" everything works fine. With every valid login I get a
ticket...

Then I created the keytab file, set with a valid user and password for
the service: HTTP/wiki.test.lan:8080 at SRV.TEST.LAN

http://wiki.test.lan:8080/bin is the url I type into the browser...

When I use "kinit" with the keytab and HTTP/wiki.test.lan:8080
everything works fine... I get a ticket...

Now I wanna setup the twiki to use kerberos to authenticate with...
The httpd.conf for the "bin" directory at http://wiki.test.lan:8080/ is
like following:
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all

AuthType Kerberos
KrbAuthRealms SRV.TEST.LAN
KrbServiceName HTTP
Krb5Keytab /etc/http.keytab
KrbMethodNegotiate on
KrbMethodK5Passwd on
Require valid-user

When I browse to "http://wiki.srv.lan:8080/bin" the login box prompts...
I enter a valid login, but the box stays...

In the log it says:
failed to verify krb5 credentials: Server not found in Kerberos database

What is wrong? Can someone help me?! :(

Greets,