are referrals implemented in the MIT Kerberos KDC?

Peter Djalaliev peter.djalaliev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:24:53 EST 2009

Hello,

I saw some messages on this mailing from 2005 and last year on this
topic, but I wanted to check what the current status of this is.

Does the MIT Kerberos KDC currently implement client or server
referrals, as per Internet draft http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-11
?

I can see that the MIT Kerberos client-side library implements
referrals (at least server referrals) by setting hthe "canonicalize"
bit in KDC requests.  However, I can't see any code in the Kerberos
KDC source code that checks this bit and canonicalizes the name.  I am
using the MIT Kerberos 1.6.3. release.  The release notes say "Partial
client implementation to handle server name referrals"

Can you please shed a little light on this or point me to something
that explains this?  Thank you.

Best Regards,
Peter Djalaliev