Kerberos tickets, SSH public key auth, AFS tokens

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 16 22:24:11 EST 2009

Jeff Blaine <jblaine at stage-infinity.com> writes:

> Yup, they're there, just no tokens.  I even tried a pam_krb5RA2.so and
> pam_afs_session2.so built against the Sun kerberos instead of our local
> MIT kerberos for kicks.  Same result.

> ~:faron> kdestroy
> ~:faron> logout
> Connection to faron closed.
> ~:cairo> /usr/bin/ssh -o "GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes" faron
> ~:faron> klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_26560
> Default principal: jblaine at RCF.FOO.ORG

> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 12/16/09 22:18:51  12/23/09 19:05:33  krbtgt/RCF.FOO.ORG at RCF.FOO.ORG
>         renew until 12/23/09 19:05:33

> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt26560
> klist: You have no tickets cached
> ~:faron>

Oh, right, I remember this problem now.  This is why Douglas has another
PAM module that does nothing except set KRB5CCNAME in the environment for
use on Solaris.  Solaris uses the default UID-based ticket cache and hence
doesn't set KRB5CCNAME in the environment.

Try adding always_aklog to the pam_afs_session configuration.