DNS lookups with dns_lookup* = false

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:51:46 EST 2009

What I've noticed is that if you use the -S option (to explicitly specify
the server), 'net' seems to ignore that and use DNS instead.  I've watched
with the debug set to 5 and I've seen 'net' try to connect to different
KDCs.  I would assume that it would be good behavior if it were trying to
access the -S server _first_, but its attempts seem to be purely random
based on whatever is returned via DNS first.

Jeffrey.