ktpass troubles

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Dec 11 09:57:56 EST 2009

Vitaly Tskhovrebov wrote:
> It's work now. Dunno, what was wrong.
> I just came to work on the morning.

AD takes its time replicating the entries, that could
be the issue. As you might be looking at different DCs
that have not been updated.  So when you are updating,
computer accounts and using ktpass you may have to wait a bit.

We don't use ktpass but msktutil instead:

http://download.systemimager.org/~finley/msktutil/

(If you use this, If the service name is not lowercase,
use the --computer-name option rather then letting it
derive the name.)