Need Help, Need to test NTLM authentication in windows 2003 Environment

Sarika Pillay sarika.pillay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 07:42:28 EST 2009

Hello ,

We need to test NTLM authentication for one of our application. But we first
want that windows should be supporting it. We have created a single domain
environment running in windows 2003 domain mode . We will need to add
windows 2008/ Vista /windows 7 machine to this domain.

Can you please suggest a way of testing NTLM ? I tried disabling Kerberos
service on one of my 2k3 VM and rebooted it. It got stuck in preparing
network connections.

Also could you please explain what does setting "LAN Manager Authentication
Level"  to Send NTLM response only means when we set it at Domain contoller
security policy and Domain security policy.

Thanks in Advance