msktutil problem with Windows 2008

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Mon Aug 31 16:16:46 EDT 2009

Hi Douglas,

   I am not sure if you saw my follow up entries. The msktutil command I
used is

msktutil -c -b "CN=COMPUTERS" -s HTTP/<fqdn> -h <fqdn> -k
/etc/HTTP.keytab --computer-name squid-HTTP --upn HTTP/<fqdn> --server
<domain controller> --verbose --enctypes 28

As far as I recall the upn is required for AS requests (e.g. to use kinit)
and the spn is used for TGS (e.g. when you use kvno)

I used it as you described or 2003 for a long time too, but now facing 2008
I noticed this difference (e.g. If AD has two entries: one for host/fqdn -
with upn and spn - and one for HTTP/fqdn - with upn and spn - and a client
requests a HTTP/fqdn TGS or AS the key for host/fqdn is used)

Regards
Markus

news:mailman.43.1251730131.12456.kerberos at mit.edu...