Status 0x96c73ac3 - No credentials cache found

dxtans david.tansley at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 18 16:04:33 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have installed kerberos v5 on aix, the principle account has been
created Ok on the AD server.
But when I try and run kinit on the unix side I get:

ktutil:  rkt /etc/krb5/uk0108.keytab
ktutil:  list
slot   KVNO   Principal
------ ------ ------------------------------------------------------
     1      5   host/uk0108.bxc.com at BXC.COM
ktutil:  wkt /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab
ktutil:  quit

kinit  -kt /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab
Unable to obtain initial credentials.
        Status 0x96c73ab5 - Key table entry not found.

Now I have googled this error, I can confirm, that I can resolv
correctly both forward and reverse lookups usng dig and host for the
fqdn. That the config file is correct with the domain name.

I have used tcpdump on the inteface and althought I see connections to
port 88 on the AD side, there is nothing being passed.
I am running this as root. Should I create the principle account
(uk0108) also on the unix side and run the above commands as that use?

Does anybody have any other avenues I can investigate.

My conf file is:

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = BXC.COM
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = false
        default_keytab_name = FILE:/etc/krb5/krb5.keytab
        default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5
        default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-md5

[realms]
        BXC.COM = {
                kdc = ukad01.bxc.com:88
                admin_server = uk0108.bxc.com:749
                default_domain = bxc.com
        }

[domain_realm]
        .bxc.com = BXC.COM
        uk0108.bxc.com = BXC.COM
[logging]
        kdc = FILE:/var/krb5/log/krb5kdc.log
        admin_server = FILE:/var/krb5/log/kadmin.log
        default = FILE:/var/krb5/log/krb5lib.log

thanks
dxtans