ktadd then principal's password no longer works?

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Aug 14 16:42:08 EDT 2009

If your goal was to have a admin.kt to run script from cron,
maybe the best choice it to create a cronadmin/admin
and give it admin privilages.

Then create its keytab using ktadd. Yoiu can then change it
as needed, and still have you admin/admin.

Greg Hudson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 14:18 -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>>> If so look at the ktutil addent
>>> It does not have to change the KDC database.
>
>> Thank you.  That works as I wanted.  I probably knew this
>> at some point but forgot.
>
> A small caveat: ktutil addent doesn't contact the KDC and thus doesn't
> find out if the principal uses a non-default salt.

  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439
  (630) 252-5444