IPv6 handling in SASL LDAP binding

Andrew Cobaugh phalenor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 08:36:26 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Xu, Qiang
(FXSGSC)<Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com> wrote:

> P.S. Can I ask why the numerical IPv6 address is not supported in MIT distribution?

Using IP addresses in files like krb5.conf is generally discouraged,
as it's easier to change a single entry in dns than it is to change a
file on every machine. We don't even specify the kdcs in krb5.conf in
our environment, relying entirely on srv records for kdc discovery.

I suppose this could be considered a bug, if anyone cared.

--andy